Bridges to the World
The Bridges to the World International Film Festival is a celebration of Maryland’s global reach and a reflection of those connections in the state. It is coordinated by World Artists Experiences and Maryland’s Office of the Secretary of State International Division. This year’s festival highlights films from: Ukraine, Chile, Israel, China, and Slovenia. The films are selected and sponsored by the embassy of each country and are screened in five distinct regions of Maryland: Annapolis, California, Frostburg, Salisbury, and Towson. Each film is introduced and is followed by a discussion.
The Towson screenings are held on Fridays at 7:00PM in Van Bokkelen Hall Auditorium (VB 204) on the Towson University campus.
- 2/7 Haytarma (Ukraine)
- 2/14 My Best Enemy (Chile) — due to snow cancelation, rescheduled for 3/14
- 2/21 The Flood (Israel)
- 2/28 Ocean Heaven (China)
- 3/7 Boris Pahor: A Stubborn Memory (Slovenia)
Countries previously featured
- 2009 – Ecuador, China, Estonia, and Egypt
- 2010 – Argentina, Korea, Russia, Nigeria, and Estonia
- 2011 – Mexico, Vietnam, Poland, Iraq, and India
- 2012 – Brazil, Japan, Austria, Turkey, and Sri Lanka
- 2013 - Australia, Czech Republic, Israel, Taiwan and Uruguay