Bridges to the World
The Bridges to the World International Film Festival is a celebration of Maryland’s global reach and a reflection of those connections in the state. It is coordinated by World Artists Experiences and Maryland’s Office of the Secretary of State International Division. This year’s festival highlights films from: Thailand, Peru, Sweden, China, and Kenya. The films are selected and sponsored by the embassy of each country and are screened in five distinct regions of Maryland: Annapolis, California, Cumberland, Salisbury, and Towson. And new this year, also in Reading, PA. Each film is introduced and is followed by a discussion.
The Towson screenings are held on Fridays at 7:00PM in Van Bokkelen Hall Auditorium (VB 204) on the Towson University campus. Admission is free.
- 2/6 Monrak Transistor (Thailand)
- 2/13 Finding Gaston (Peru)
- 2/20 Palme (Sweden)
- 2/27 Kora [One Mile Above] (China)
- 3/6 Leo (Kenya)
Countries previously featured
- 2009 – Ecuador, China, Estonia, and Egypt
- 2010 – Argentina, Korea, Russia, Nigeria, and Estonia
- 2011 – Mexico, Vietnam, Poland, Iraq, and India
- 2012 – Brazil, Japan, Austria, Turkey, and Sri Lanka
- 2013 – Australia, Czech Republic, Israel, Taiwan and Uruguay
- 2014 – Ukraine, Chile, Israel, China, and Slovenia